Monday, April 11, 2016

Console wars 2016



   I have played a lot of games on multiple different platforms and if i had to rate my experience with todays top console brands I would. I feel it would be necessary to rate them in accordance to the BCG (Boston consulting group approach). I personally feel that Microsoft's Xbox one would be considered a star in the rating system. My reasoning behind all this is that it may still have room for growth in its future seeing as it is a very social and media inclined console, making it easy to socialize while gaming. Following close behind the Xbox One I believe would be Sony's Play station 4. I would list it as a cash cow. It has plenty of users and a huge following but despite it being a great product, i see it being a little more limited in the realm of social media and web browsing as a console. Next in line would be Nintendo's Wii U. Though the Wii itself was a rather revolutionary product in the gaming world. It promoted motion based video games throughout its reign. I see it as a dog in this particular competition, mainly because of the little room for growth as a product.

   Last but not least however would be the PC gamers. PC is not necessarily a console, however a very large amount of people use their computers as gaming consoles. I see it as a question mark mainly because of the fact that the device is not particularly centered around gaming. It has plenty of room for growth, as people are constantly generating things on the web and the fact that it already ease of access with most social networks. All in all each console has its pros and cons. At the end of the day I believe it is all purely preference, but sales still very much represent what the reality may in fact be.

No comments:

Post a Comment